Not sure if you want to attend, because you are worried you will get left behind or feel unco?????
Don’t be! We are all very friendly, everyone works at their own individual level and NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND!
If you are attending a session for the first time, you should expect to complete between a 30-60min session (varies depending on fitness level/injuries), but we will aim to:
- Complete a 5min explaination of the basics of DWR on the land.
- Once in the water we will complete an easy warm up.
- We move to the edge of the pool and complete simple single leg stretches.
- The main set will consist of interval efforts, although for your 1st session it is more about learning the correct technique than working hard, the others in the group will complete a few efforts. During this set we will stop and count our heart rate over a 10sec period. We may also count our cadence too.
- Finally an easy cool down is completed.
Who attends… all types, people training for triathlon, running events, PLUS anyone who wants to stay fit and healthy. You will meet some really great individuals!
Is it cold… The pool is heated, but it is still fresh to hop in, once moving though you will stay warm.
Will it run in the rain... Yes – you are wet anyway – it is just me who cops it on the pool deck (no excuses!).
Can I touch the bottom… No – you are wearing a floatation belt which makes you feel really secure & bouyant in the water, but the pool depth is 1.8m, and it isn’t scary!
Hope this will put your mind at ease and help you or your friends in coming along to a session.
If you have any questions then please leave a comment and I will get back to you or phone me on 0405 493 077.
See you poolside soon!